Highlights of the Newsletter for 38th week of 2018 are::
1. The Central Government has appointed October 01, 2018, as the date on which the provisions of Section 51 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 related to tax deduction at source and Section 52 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 related to collection of tax at source, shall come into force.
2. The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), on September 13, 2018, has passed the Central Goods and Services Tax (Tenth Amendment) Rules, 2018 to insert FORM GSTR-9C under Rule 80(3).
3. The CBIC has notified the rate of Tax Collected at Source (TCS) by electronic commerce operator for inter-State supplies and intra-State supplies under Section 52(1) Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017.
4. The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), on September 11, 2018, has published the new regulations for buy-back of securities and for issue of capital.
5. FSSAI proposes revision of the General Principles of Food Hygiene and has published the Draft Code of Practice for Fish and Fishery Products
6. Ministry of Labour and Employment makes registration and licensing mandatory online on the Shram Suvidha Portal under Building and Other Construction Workers Rules, 1998 and has made similar draft amendments in Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Central Rules, 1971 and Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Central Rules, 1980
7. Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) issues a clarification for non-applicability of EPR Authorization under E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016
8. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has made various amendments to Companies (Appointment and Remuneration of Managerial Personnel) Rules, 2014, Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014 and Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014. These Rules have been amended to align them with the corresponding Sections, which were recently notified under Companies (Amendment) Act, 2017.
9. Government of Kerala revises rates of Minimum Wages for the employees in Cinema Theatre and Handicraft Industries
Avantis Softech Newsletter_Issue 38 of 2018