AVANTIS WEEKLY NEWSLETTER | ISSUE 2 OF JANUARY 2018
- Relaxation relating to levy of MAT in case of Companies against whom an application for corporate insolvency resolution process has been admitted under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has updated the Master Direction on Master Direction – Direct Investment by Residents in Joint Venture (JV) / Wholly Owned Subsidiary (WOS) Abroad
- FSSAI mandates declaration of Cinnamon (Dalchini) to a "package" containing Cinnamon as a single ingredient.
- Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) vide circular dated January 08, 2018 has issued guidelines for special provisions to ESIC pensioners aged 80 years and above under ESIC Pensioners' Medical Scheme, 2006.
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) vide circular dated January 01, 2017 has announced rate of interest at 7.6% (Seven point six per cent) for subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds with effect from January 01, 2018 to March 31, 2018.
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has announced the completion of the process for “Reactivation” of the DINs (i.e. Director Identification Number) in respect of disqualified Directors.
- Consumer Protection Bill, 2018 introduced in Lok Sabha
- State Government of Tripura, Karnataka and West Bengal have further extended the due dates for quarterly furnishing of form GSTR-1 for taxpayers with aggregate turnover of up to Rs.1.5 crore.
- State Government of Bihar Tripura and West Bengal have appointed February 1, 2018, as the date from which E-Way Bill Rules shall come into force and have revised the effective rate of tax under composition scheme for manufacturers and other suppliers under the respective State GST Act.
Avantis Softech LLP Newsletter_Issue 2 of January 2018