1. The Central Board of Direct Taxes vide a Notification dated October 31, 2017 has inserted two new Rules to the Income Tax Rules, 1962.
2. The CBDT vide a Press Release dated October 31, 2017, has extended the due date filing of Income Tax Returns and various reports of audit under the Income Tax Act pertaining to Annual Year 2017-18 to November 7, 2017 from October 31, 2017.
3. CBEC has extended the due date for filing FORM GSTR – 2 and FORM GSTR – 3 for the month of July.
4. CBEC has made the Central Goods and Services Tax (Eleventh Amendment) Rules, 2017
5. Central Board of Excise and Custom vide several Notifications/Orders issued on October 28, 2017, has extended the time limit for furnishing FORM GST-ITC-04, FORM GST-ITC-01, FORM GST TRAN-1 under Rule 120A, FORM GST TRAN-1 under Rule 117, FORM GST REG-26, and FORM GST CMP-03.
6. The Ministry of Labour and Employment, vide a Notification dated October 27, 2017, has published the draft of certain rules which propose to amend “Rationalisation of Forms and Reports under Certain Labour Laws Rules, 2017”.
7. Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) vide press release dated October 27, 2017 has taken initiative to increase pension coverage in the country by introducing e-NPS, reducing minimum contribution levels, new investment instruments, aggressive life cycle funds etc.
8. Central Government, on October 30, 2017 has proposed to amend the E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016 for inviting objections and suggestions from public.
9. The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has issued a circular dated October 27, 2017 for relaxation of additional fees and extension of last date for filing of E-Forms AOC-4 and AOC-4 (XBRL Non-IndAS) under Companies Act, 2013 for the year ended March 31, 2017.
10. The State Government of Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Tamil Nadu have further amendments to the respective State Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017. Avantis Softech LLP Newsletter_Issue 1 of November 2017