The State Government of Delhi vide notification dated March 28, 2018 has further amended the Delhi Goods and Services Tax Rules, 2017. Vide this amendment:
· In Rule 117, in sub-rule (4), in clause (b), sub-clause (iii) shall be substituted which reads as-“The registered person availing the scheme and having furnished the details of stock held by him and submits a statement in FORM GST TRAN-2 by 31st March 2018, or within such period as extended by the Commissioner, on the recommendations of the Council, for each of the six tax periods during which the scheme is in operation indicating therein, the details of supplies of such goods effected during the tax period;”
· Rule 138, the following rule shall be substituted which reads as-
(1) Every registered person who causes movement of goods of consignment value exceeding fifty thousand rupees—
(i) In relation to a supply; or
(ii) For reasons other than supply; or
(iii) Due to inward supply from an unregistered person,
shall, before commencement of such movement, furnish information relating to the said goods as specified in Part A of FORM GST EWB-01, electronically, on the common portal along with such other information as may be required on the common portal and a unique number will be generated on the said portal.
(2) Where the goods are transported by the registered person as a consignor or the recipient of supply as the consignee, whether in his own conveyance or a hired one or a public conveyance, by road, the said person shall generate the e-way bill in FORM GST EWB-01 electronically on the common portal after furnishing information in Part B of FORM GST EWB-01
(3) Where the e-way bill is not generated under sub-rule (2) and the goods are handed over to a transporter for transportation by road, the registered person shall furnish the information relating to the transporter on the common portal and the e-way bill shall be generated by the transporter on the said portal on the basis of the information furnished by the registered person in Part A of FORM GST EWB-01
(4) Upon generation of the e-way bill on the common portal, a unique e-way bill number (EBN) shall be made available to the supplier, the recipient and the transporter on the common portal.
(5) Where the goods are transferred from one conveyance to another, the consignor or the recipient, who has provided information in Part A of the FORM GST EWB-01, or the transporter shall, before such transfer and further movement of goods, update the details of conveyance in the e-way bill on the common portal in Part B of FORM GST EWB-01
(6) After e-way bill has been generated in accordance with the provisions of sub-rule (1), where multiple consignments are intended to be transported in one conveyance, the transporter may indicate the serial number of e-way bills generated in respect of each such consignment electronically on the common portal and a consolidated e-way bill in FORM GST EWB-02 maybe generated by him on the said common portal prior to the movement of goods
(7) Where the consignor or the consignee has not generated the e-way bill in FORM GST EWB-01 and the aggregate of the consignment value of goods carried in the conveyance is more than fifty thousand rupees, the transporter, except in case of transportation of goods by railways, air and vessel, shall, in respect of inter-State supply, generate the e-way bill in FORM GST EWB-01 on the basis of invoice or bill of supply or delivery challan, as the case may be, and may also generate a consolidated e-way bill in FORM GST EWB-02 on the common portal prior to the movement of goods
(8) The information furnished in Part A of FORM GST EWB-01 shall be made available to the registered supplier on the common portal who may utilize the same for furnishing the details in FORM GSTR-1
(9) Where an e-way bill has been generated under this rule, but goods are either not transported or are not transported as per the details furnished in the e-way bill, the e-way bill may be cancelled electronically on the common portal within twenty four hours of generation of the e-way bill
(10) An e-way bill or a consolidated e-way bill generated under rule 138 shall be valid for the period as under:-
Upto 100 km.
One day in cases other than Over Dimensional Cargo
For every 100 km. or part thereof thereafter
One additional day in cases other than Over Dimensional Cargo
Upto 20 km
One day in case of Over Dimensional Cargo
For every 20 km. or part thereof thereafter
One additional day in case of Over Dimensional Cargo:
(11) The details of the e-way bill generated under this rule shall be made available to the(a) supplier, if registered, where the information in Part A of FORM GST EWB-01 has been furnished by the recipient or the transporter; or (b) recipient, if registered, where the information in Part A of FORM GST EWB-01 has been furnished by the supplier or the transporter, on the common portal, and the supplier or the recipient, as the case may be, shall communicate his acceptance or rejection of the consignment covered by the e-way bill.
(12) Where the person to whom the information specified in sub-rule (11) has been made available does not communicate his acceptance or rejection within seventy two hours of the details being made available to him on the common portal, or the time of delivery of goods whichever is earlier, it shall be deemed that he has accepted the said details.
(13) The e-way bill generated under this rule or under rule 138 of the Central Goods and Services Tax Rules or the Goods and Services Tax Rules of any State or Union territory shall be valid in the State and Union territory.
(14) Notwithstanding anything contained in this rule, no e-way bill is required to be generated —
(a) where the goods being transported are specified in Annexure;
(b) where the goods are being transported by a non-motorised conveyance;
(c) where the goods are being transported from the customs port, airport, air cargo complex and land customs station to an inland container depot or a container freight station for clearance by Customs;
(d) in respect of movement of such goods and within such areas in the State and for values not exceeding such amount as the Commissioner of State Tax, in consultation with the Principal Chief Commissioner/Chief Commissioner of Central Tax, may, subject to conditions that may be specified, notify;
(e) where the goods, other than de-oiled cake, being transported, are specified in the Schedule appended to Government Notification, Finance Department No. (GHN-36)GST-2017/S.11(1)(1)TH dated the 30th June, 2017, notification No. 2/2017- State tax (Rate) as amended from time to time;
(f) where the goods being transported are alcoholic liquor for human consumption, petroleum crude, high speed diesel, motor spirit (commonly known as petrol), natural gas or aviation turbine fuel;
(g) where the supply of goods being transported is treated as no supply under Schedule III of the Act;
(h) where the goods are being transported —
(i) under customs bond from an inland container depot or a container freight station to a customs port, airport, air cargo complex and land customs station, or from one customs station or customs port to another customs station or customs port, or
(ii) under customs supervision or under customs seal;
(i) where the goods being transported are transit cargo from or to Nepal or Bhutan;
(j) where the goods being transported are exempt from tax under Government Notification, Finance Department No.(GHN-38)GST2017/S.11(1)(3)TH dated the 30th June, 2017, notification No. 7/2017- State Tax (Rate), and Government Notification, Finance Department No.(GHN-86)/GST-2017-S.11(1)(13)-TH dated the 21st September, 2017, notification No. 26/2017-State Tax (Rate) as amended from time to time;
(k) any movement of goods caused by defence formation under Ministry of defence as a consignor or consignee;
(l) where the consignor of goods is the Central Government, Government of any State or a local authority for transport of goods by rail;
(m) where empty cargo containers are being transported; and
(n) where the goods are being transported upto a distance of twenty kilometers from the place of the business of the consignor to a weighbridge for weighment or from the weighbridge back to the place of the business of the said consignor subject to the condition that the movement of goods is accompanied by a delivery challan issued in accordance with Rule 55.
· For Rule 138A, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:
“138A. Documents and devices to be carried by a person-in-charge of a conveyance.-
(1) The person in charge of a conveyance shall carry—
(a) the invoice or bill of supply or delivery challan, as the case may be; and
(b) a copy of the e-way bill in physical form or the e-way bill number in electronic form or mapped to a Radio Frequency Identification Device embedded on to the conveyance in such manner as may be notified by the Commissioner:
Provided that nothing contained in clause (b) of this sub-rule shall apply in case of movement of goods by rail or by air or vessel.
(2) A registered person may obtain an Invoice Reference Number from the common portal by uploading, on the said portal, a tax invoice issued by him in FORM GST INV-1 and produce the same for verification by the proper officer in lieu of the tax invoice and such number shall be valid for a period of thirty days from the date of uploading.
(3) Where the registered person uploads the invoice under sub-rule (2), the information in Part A of FORM GST EWB-01 shall be auto-populated by the common portal on the basis of the information furnished in FORM GST INV-1.
(4) The Commissioner may, by notification, require a class of transporters to obtain a unique Radio Frequency Identification Device and get the said device embedded on to the conveyance and map the e-way bill to the Radio Frequency Identification Device prior to the movement of goods.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in clause (b) of sub-rule (1), where circumstances so warrant, the Commissioner may, by notification, require the person-in-charge of the conveyance to carry the following documents instead of the e-way bill (a) tax invoice or bill of supply or bill of entry; or (b) a delivery challan, where the goods are transported for reasons other than by way of supply.”;
· For Rule 138B, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:
“138B. Verification of documents and conveyances.-
(1) The Commissioner or an officer empowered by him in this behalf may authorize the proper officer to intercept any conveyance to verify the e-way bill in physical or electronic form for all inter-State and intra-State movement of goods.
(2) The Commissioner shall get Radio Frequency Identification Device readers installed at places where the verification of movement of goods is required to be carried out and verification of movement of vehicles shall be done through such device readers where the e-way bill has been mapped with the said device.
(3) The physical verification of conveyances shall be carried out by the proper officer as authorised by the Commissioner or an officer empowered by him in this behalf: Provided that on receipt of specific information on evasion of tax, physical verification of a specific conveyance can also be carried out by any other officer after obtaining necessary approval of the Commissioner or an officer authorised by him in this behalf.”;
· For Rule 138C, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:
“138C. Inspection and verification of goods.-
(1) A summary report of every inspection of goods in transit shall be recorded online by the proper officer in Part A of FORM GST EWB-03 within twenty four hours of inspection and the final report in Part B of FORM GST EWB-03 shall be recorded within three days of such inspection.
(2) Where the physical verification of goods being transported on any conveyance has been done during transit at one place within the State or Union territory or in any other State or Union territory, no further physical verification of the said conveyance shall be carried out again in the State or Union territory, unless a specific information relating to evasion of tax is made available subsequently.”;
· For Rule 138D, the following rule shall be substituted, namely:
“138D. Facility for uploading information regarding detention of vehicle.- Where a vehicle has been intercepted and detained for a period exceeding thirty minutes, the transporter may upload the said information in FORM GST EWB-04 on the common portal.”;
· FORM GST EWB-01, FORM GST EWB-02, FORM GST EWB-03, FORM GST EWB-04 and FORM GST INV-1 have also been substituted.
[Notification No.12/2018-State Tax]