The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has issued guidelines to be adopted by Producer Responsibility Organizations under the E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016.
Key Highlights of the activities of a PRO include:
· Collection and Channelization of e-waste on behalf of authorised producers.
· Establishment of collection mechanism.
· Implementation of buy back/take back/DRS/e-waste exchange.
· Logistics arrangement.
· Helping producers in filing of quarterly/annual returns as per the rules etc.
· Conducting awareness programme among consumer’s/bulk consumers/producers for collection and channelization of e-waste
· PROs will be required to obtain registration from the Central Pollution Control Board. Each registration will be valid for a period of 5 years and must be renewed prior to 60 days from date of expiry of the registration.